The Phanom Rung Historical Park is comprised of the popular stone sanctuary and a Historical Museum that houses a wonderful collection of Khmer art and artifacts and provides comprehensive information about the stone sanctuary.
About 8 km from the Phanom Rung Historical Park is the Muang Tum Stone Sanctuary. Though it contains no evident proof of its true age or founder, the excavated artifacts date from two periods during the Khmer era of 965-1012 and of 1007-1109, or roughly over 1,000 years ago. In addition, depictions of Hindu gods in majority of the etched paintings indicate the sanctuary was built during the 11 th -13 th century for use as a site for Hindu religious ceremonies.
Excavation of the Ancient Earthen Kilns Site revealed numerous primitive earthen kilns and aged-old potteries dating from the 10 th -15 th centuries. The kilns were used to produce Khmer-style potteries that were sold and supplied to other towns in Khmer Empire.
The Napo Village Silk Weaving Handicraft Center has received H.R.H. the Queen's royal patronage from her SUPPORT Foundation for producing high-quality silk products. The center develops the local handicraft process according to the established standard in the areas of design, pattern production and coloring/dying techniques, which uses a natural dying process. The high-quality, finished products can be purchases at the front of the centre.