San Lak Mueang (City Pillar Shrine) at one time it was a shrine housing a 1-metre wooden column topped with a carving in the form of a lotus bud, situated near the Old City Wall, which at present is the residence of the Provincial Land Assistant as well as the Municipality Sanitary Service Centre. In 1910, the neglected city pillar was enshrined at the Red Building in the women school of Sri Nakhon Nayok School. Later the shrine was rebuilt into an elegant four-cornered pavilion. Nowadays, City Pillar Shrine is the most revered shrine of the townspeople.
Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy , located in Tambon Phrommani, 14 kilometres from Nakhon Nayok town and 75 kilometres from Bangkok using the Bangkok-Ongkharak route. The Academy is adjacent to Khao Cha-ngok Mountain and occupies an area of about 3,000 Rais (1,200 acres). It is a training centre for the Thai military cadet. There are several interesting attractions in the Academy compound, which can be accessed by car. However, if you should prefer the peace and quiet and would rather be close to nature, bicycles can be rented at the tourist centre in the Academy compound.
Attractions in the Chulachomkloa Royal Military Academy include:
King Rama V Monument , situated at the general headquarters of the Academy on Khao Cha-ngok. It was built in honour of and reverence to His Majesty King Chulalongkorn (King Rama V) who was the founder of the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy. The monument depicts a seated King Chulalongkorn in full Army regalia, bearing the Royal Insignia of the Supreme Commander of the Thai Forces.
Circular Pavilion , historically, under the command of Field Marshall Crown Prince Pitsanulok Prachanat, the circular pavilion was built as a recreation area for the military cadet. It enshrines a sculpture of King Rama V.
100 Year Royal Military Academy Museum exhibits biographies of the graduates who performed public services and also displays history of wars, weapons that were used in wars in the past, various uniforms of soldiers of all forces as well as a wax sculpture of King Rama V. It is open daily from 08.30-16.30. Admission is 10 baht.
Shrine of Chao Pho Khun Dan is a revered shrine of the Thais. Historically, Khun Dan was a commander in Nakhon Nayok during the Ayutthaya period. His heroic deed was the expulsion of the Khmer rebels in the year 1587, during the reign of King Naresuan Maharat. Whilst Thailand was involved in a war with the Burmese, the Khmer took the opportunity and invaded the country and herded residents of Prachin Buri back to Cambodia. The Khmers also conquered Prachin Buri and Nakhon Nayok. Khun Dan gathered people, retreated, and set-up camp at Khao Cha-ngok and later defeated and expelled the Khmers from Nakhon Nayok. There is also hearsay about his supernatural powers. During World War II, the Japanese army set-up camp at Khao Cha-ngok. They vandalized and tore down the Shrine. Subsequently, a lot of the Japanese troops died mysteriously. It is believed that the spirit of Khun Dan took his revenge.
Phra Phutthachai or Wat Phra Chai was formerly named "Wat Khao Cha-ngok”. At first it was a painting on a cliff face of a small hill near Khao Cha-ngok. There is no exact history of Phra Phutthachai, however, but from word of mouth it is said that, originally, the painting depicted various images of Buddha in many postures. In the year of 1942, the Army's Map Department built a marble quarry at the foot of the hill and restored and enhanced the Buddha images. Phra Phutthachai is sacred to the townspeople. Every year during the 3 rd month of the lunar calendar, the Phra Phutthachai Worship festivities is held.