Kallayaniwatthana Institute of Arts and Culture Located in Songkhla Nakharin University, Pattani Campus, the institute is divided into two sections:
Phra Thepyanmoli Museum displays the history, activities, and utensils of Phra Thepyanmoli. Besides, there are Buddha images, ancient materials, and Chinese, European and Thai pottery, souvenir coins, and bank notes, etc.
Khatichon Witthaya Museum displays the stories, case studies of the Muslim household in the Southern border provinces, local utensils, local arts and displays, ancient utensil materials in pre-historic and the beginning of community periods, the history of the ancient town of Yarang, pottery, local beliefs and technology.
This centre is open to the public Mondays - Fridays from 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.- 4 p.m., except public holidays. For groups or guided assistance, please contact in advance the Education Service Unit, Kallayani Wattana Institute of Arts and Culture, Songkhla Nakharin University, Pattani Campus, Amphoe Mueang, Pattani Province 94000, Tel: 0-7331-3930 -50 ext.1472, 1473, 1476 and 0-7333-1250, Fax: 0-7333-1250.
Somdet Phra Srinagarindra Park Located at Tambon Rusamilae, Amphoe Muang, about one kilometre from town, this public park is on the left side of the Pattani River, next to the Songkhla Nakharin University. The Park is decorated with many flowers,and a very beautiful landscape.
Pattani Central Mosque Located on Yarang Road on the Yarang - Pattani route in Pattani Mucipality, is the most beautiful and largest mosque in Thailand. Built in 1954, the construction of this mosque took almost nine years. It is the centre for religious ceremonies performed by the Muslims in the South. The architecture is western, with similarity to theTaj Mahal of India. With the big dome in the centre, there are four surrounding small ones with two finerets. A big pond is in front of the mosque and inside is a large hall and two sided corridors.
City Pillar Shrine Situated in Sak Seni ground of Banchama Rachutit School, just opposite to the City Hall, on the left bak of Pattani River, the shrine was constructed on 13 April 1951 when Phraya Rattana Phakdi was the Governor. This site is mostly worshipped by the Pattani people and visitors.
Krue Se Mosque Located 7 kilometres on Highway No. 42 (Pattani-Narathiwat), the mosque is of the round-pillar, brick-and-mortar style of the Middle East. The most significant aspect of the mosque is the unfinished domed roof. Legend has it that it could never be completed because of the curse placed on it by Chao Mae Lim Ko Niao. Nearby is the tomb of the Chao Mae (Goddess). It is believed that the Mosque was built during the reign of King Naresuan the Great (1578-1599)
Chao Mae Lim Ko Niao Graveyard Situated at Ban Krue Se, Tambon Tanyong Lulo, Amphoe Mueang on Highway No.42 (Pattani - Narathiwat route), near Krue Se Mosque. As legend goes, Lim Ko Niao, a Chinese girl came to Siam by ship to look for Lim To Khiam, her elder brother who had married the Pattani Governor's daughter, and had changed his religion to Islam. However, she was not successful. Therefore, she hung herself on the cashew nut tree. Her brother buried her at this place. The Pattani people built the shrine to commemorate her, and carved the tree where she hung herself in the shape of her figure.
Chao Mae Lim Ko Niao Chinese Shrine or Leng Chu Kiang Shrine is located within the municipality of Pattani on A No Ru Road. Adherents of the Lim Ko Niao Goddess in the province fashion her image in a cashew nut tree (the same type of wood on with the Goddess hung herself), and place it in the shrine. Both the townspeople and neighbouring townships revere it. Ceremonies to pay respect to the Goddess on the day of the 3 rd lunar month every year, features a colorful procession carrying Chao Mae's sculpture along several roads in town, walking on fire in front of the shrine, and swimming across the river near the Dechanuchit Bridge. The city welcomes numerous worshippers every year.