2. Always drive on the left side of the road. When there are two or more lanes for traffic in the same direction, slower vehicles must use the leftmost lane except when passing or making a right turn.
3. Always slow down to a safe and reasonable speed when driving on a narrow road or when approaching curves, intersections, business or residential areas, road construction zone, and oncoming vehicles.
4. Never pass any vehicle when driving through residential areas, intersections, curves, or over a bridge. Always pass other vehicles on the right. Never pass other vehicles on the left except when the leading vehicle is making a right turn or when there are two or more lanes for traffic in the same direction.
5. When driving at night, always turn on headlights and taillights.
6. Broken down or parked vehicles must be parked on the side of the road or the shoulder of the road. A warning sign which could be seen over an appropriate distance must be displayed. At nighttime emergency red lights must be used to provide warning.
7. Give the right-of-way signal to vehicles coming from main roads.
8. Strictly obey traffic lights and posted traffic signs.
9. Never control a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or intoxication liquor; or while being sick or dizzy.
10. Always take safety precautions while in control of a vehicle.
11. Always allow a safety distance while following a vehicle.
12. Slow down to a reasonable speed, and do not sound the horn if it is not necessary while passing through the following zones; school, hospital or public agency.
13. Always give a headlight signal or sound the horn and make sure there are not obstructions or oncoming vehicles before passing the leading vehicle.
14. When a driver is involved in an accident which causes injuries or property damages, always provide assistance wherever it is necessary. Immediately notify the nearest police station and identify yourself as well. The driver who fails to stop at the scene of the accident which he is responsible for would be considered guilty and might be sentenced to imprisonment.
15. Sound the horn and slow down the vehicle when approaching a stopped vehicle which is letting passengers get on or get off and give warning particularly to deaf and blind persons.
16. Safety rules for pedestrians
- Always use sidewalks or road shoulders if there are any; if not, always walk on the right side of the road to be able to see oncoming vehicles.
- Always cross the road only when it is absolutely safe to do so. Especially in Bangkok, please watch out for bus lanes as buses sometimes run against the traffic flow.
- When crossing the road at nighttime always do so at a lighted area or use a flashlight for identification purposes.
- Always obey traffic lights, i.e. cross the road only when the red traffic light is on for the approaching vehicles, and make sure that the vehicles have come to a complete stop.
17. Safety rules for bus passengers
- Always wait for a bus or a vehicle on the sidewalk, the road shoulder, or at bus stops.
- Before getting on a bus or a vehicle, wait until it has stopped completely and other passengers who want to get off have done so.
- Always take a seat when it is available; if not stay inside the bus or the vehicle. Do not stand on the doorsteps.
- Never get on or get off the bus or the vehicle while it is moving, waiting for traffic lights, or while it is in the middle of the road.
- For private or public vehicles, the passengers should always get on or get off the vehicles where it is not prohibited. Always stop the vehicles at the sidewalks and get on or get off on the left side of the vehicles.